Monday, June 25, 2012

Athenian Restaurant

Holy cow, a review! Actually a review is coming soon on Athenian Restaurant and there will be more soon as I travel to San Diego! I have a small list for San Diego, any recommendations?


So on June 19th, Simon and I got together with people from work for Family Dinner Night. Once a month people that we work with get together with family and raid invade a restaurant for a night. This month Simon got to pick where we went. He's been wanting to try some Greek food and he picked the perfect place, Athenian Restaurant.

We've seen reviews of Athenian and believe me, the reviews they have received are well worth a visit! When you walk in, you're surrounded by friendly warmth. They have plenty of space for large groups and space for a intimate dinner. They serve Mediterranean, Greek, Mexican and American. From what I hear, the Mexican and American menu is served at lunch.

There were about 18 of us and I can't say what everyone ordered but it appeared that they all enjoyed their dishes. Simon and I ordered the Spanakipita for an appetizer. I have to say, I enjoy my Aunt's Spanakipita but it has nothing on Athenian's Spanakipita. It's nice and flaky and melts in your mouth. Dipped in their Tzatziki sauce and it's taken to a new level of wow.

Simon ordered the Athenian Combo Plate.  I wish we had taken note of what was on the dish as it was a wonderful sampling of different dishes. I know one had eggplant in it and it was good. You know me, I don't like veggies and to sample something that has eggplant in it was something of a feat. Simon was proud of me. Who knows, he may get me eating veggies some day... Naaaa...

I had the Gyro Sandwich. The meat is a beef/lamb combo. I have to say, it was to die for. I love Gyros and they pile on the meat. It's seasoned well and cut in nice juicy thick slices wrapped in nice soft pita bread. I ate it to the last bite much to Simon's disappointment. The evening ended with a complementary shot of Ouzo and a cheer of Opa!

Athenian Restaurant
15350 E Iliff Ave
Aurora, CO 80013
(720) 449-0224

Hours of Business:
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM


 
Athenian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment