Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Monsoon Cuisine of India


One day at work I was chatting with some co-workers about of favorite places to eat when I was told that I just HAD TO go to Monsoon at Southlands Mall. I looked at her with a what the heck look and she said that it was the best Indian food that she ever ate. I told her that I've never had Indian food and she about fell out of chair. She then proceeded to tell me that the food was sooo good that she could have gnawed on the chicken bones of her last meal there, stating that she sucked all of the juices and spices off of them. I'm like wow.. ok, we'll have to give them a try.

That following weekend we went to a movie and then headed over to Monsoon for a late lunch. The second we opened the door our noses were filled with wonderful aromas of different spices, causing our mouths to water. The staff greeted us and we were quickly seated and handed the menu. What ensued has been a love affair that has tickled my taste buds every time we go.

For the last year, we've had to have a meal at Monsoon at least once a month. The food is so good, you do want to gnaw on the chicken bones. We've introduced the mouth watering goodness of Monsoons to my Father-in-law, our friends, my oldest nephew and the latest, my parents.


My nephew Liam. First time eating Indian Food.

I have to say, they perform some kind of magic on their chicken as every time that we've been there, the chicken is cooked perfectly. My favorite dish is the Chicken Korma. It's a perfect blend of curry spices with roasted coconut, and ground cashew and almonds. It's sweet with just the little kick of spice. Mmmm.... I think it's time to go again.


For the starters, we like to get the Chicken Pakora. It's all white chicken meat that is marinated in chickpea batter and deep fried. It comes with two dipping sauces, one that is a sweet spice and the other a hot spice, I think chutney? I'll have to confirm this when we go back. 

We also order some Naan bread. They have nine different ones for you to choose from. We usually get the Garlic, the Monsoon 1/2 dozen, or the cheese Naan. Naan will also come with some of the main dishes depending on the dish.

Now, Simon has sampled more of the dishes than I have. I tend to stick to the Chicken Marsala and the Chicken Korma. Simon usually with pick lamb over chicken. One of the dishes that he tried was the Lamb Vindaloo. This is a spicy dish and they don't hold back on the spice. They do serve it with a cucumber yogurt sauce to help lessen the heat if needed. We left that day with Simon's sinus cleared out.

The dining is casual, it's family friendly and great service. The pricing is fair for but it can be expensive. When we eat there, it normally runs us $40-50 for the two of us. This is a Date Night stop for us. The food is gluten free and it's great for Vegetarians and Vegans. They also have Carry Out and Delivery. You can even order on line.

Go and try them out. Trust me, you won't regret it!





Monsoon Cuisine of India
24107 E Commons Ave 
AuroraColorado 80016
(303)627-5444

Open: 
Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm 
Fri & Sat 11am-11pm 
Sun 11am-9pm 

They Take Reservations, Order on Line and have Carry Out/Delivery.

Facebook Page
Twitter: @Time4Monsoon 


Monsoon Cuisine of India on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment